Your business definitely requires the services of Google+, even if if your earlier experience with it was not so great. Google remains king of the Internet search and its venture into the social networking domain will definitely be immensely important to your business venture.
The best part about Google+ is that it is fairly simple to use and your engagement within Google+ can actually affect your visibility in the search engine. Also, Google+ opens up another domain for you called the Search+ which is an algorithm that extracts data from the other logged in Google+ users. Search+ plays a pivotal role in promoting people as well as business pages on Google+.
Google has taken a bold leap by collecting and conveying results which are generated through personalization signals, similar to the engagement elements found in Facebook, such as likes, shares and comments.
Although Google+ is in its primitive stage, it is just beginning to impact in the search engine results pages. Newer ideas are being thought of for its improvement, so its unrealized impact is still to be felt.
Advantages of Google+ Pages for Business
In order to understand the importance of Google+, let us first understand a typical Facebook scenario. You need to put in considerable amount of work in order to maintain your active fan page on Facebook, with reference to posting status updates and community responses. However, you cannot view your Facebook engagement work outside of Facebook. Status updates and wall posts on Facebook are still the best way to generate comments and likes. However, Facebook comments do not affect the search engine results, unlike Google+.
Updates from the people you follow on Google+ are visible to you. Your Google+ posts will actually turn into strong ranking search results on Google, unlike Facebook. The search engine visibility is according to keyword and the topic content and the visibility improves as per ‘AuthorRank’ and the engagement level of the content.
The next important advantage of Google+ is that you can aim your particular messaging in a way that it directly interacts with your followers. You are also offered the chance to organize your followers into groups of your liking. This gives you the opportunity to track and converse with a specific audience in your followers group.
The Foremost Things You Need to Do on Your Google+ Business Page
- Start by completing the verification process, insert recommended links and use proper keywords and place them into the introduction and subtitle areas.
- Make proper use of the “Scrapbook” photos as well as the text editing features which will make your page attractive for creating your brand identity.
- The quality of your content is of utmost significance and the initial posts on your page should be rich and chic, so that you can attract potential followers by making a grand first impression.
- Use the personal profile pages available in Google+ for promoting your business page and you can also make use of the Google+ Badge on your website.
- Be careful about how you segment your audience as this will determine the posts which you will send out for your targeted followers.
- Carefully analyze your stream and should clearly understand about the +1′s, shares and comments of your follower’s posts.